The Business Development Representative (BDR) will have the responsibility of building and enhancing EpiVax’s partnerships and strategic alliances, leading relevant strategic planning initiatives, and oversight of all business development and marketing functions. Working independently under the offices of the CEO and COO, the BDR will be responsible for tasks and deliverables that are integral to the coordination and success of business development strategies as they relate to lab and in silico services. This includes identification, evaluation and pursuit of pharmaceutical and biotechnology prospects for new business opportunities, sales process management, and client management. In addition to commercial opportunities, the BDR will also participate in contract writing activities for funding support through certain government agencies.
This position requires strong communication, organizational and time management skills, the ability to work independently and excellent verbal and written skills.
Areas of focus are:
New Business/Project Opportunities:
• Building and enhancing partnerships and strategic alliances and overall business development and marketing functions;
• Assessment of future markets and licensing potential;
• Independent responsibility for outreach, first contact, sales and client management;
• Establish new scientific and strategic partnerships, joint ventures and alliances with industry and government agencies;
• Support commercialization and licensing strategies;
• Plan and evaluate projects with senior scientific staff;
• Make recommendations for new projects to be used for strategic planning;
• Travel to present at client locations and conferences—travel approximately 20% of the time.
Sales Process Management:
• Strategic management of sales process;
• Develop proposals and term sheets for prospects along with actionable scopes of work;
• Contract review and development with COO;
• Coordinate with legal counsel, finance, human resources and other functional areas;
• With assistance of sales coordinator, organize and track documents and reports on the status of all prospects in the business development pipeline using SalesForce;
• Follow up on all partnership activity including the tracking, documentation and status reporting of all collaborations along the business development pipeline;
• Administer government and commercial contracts;
• Working with the Laboratory Manager, analyze estimates of material, equipment and production costs;
• Increase net sales—progress and goals will be evaluated on an ongoing basis.
• Responsible for EpiVax contract templates.
• Responsibility of development and maintenance of presentation and marketing materials for professional meetings, seminars and conferences.
• Interact with existing corporate contacts while keeping track of milestones and enhancing the relationships;
• Maintain high level of customer satisfaction and responsiveness utilizing these relationships for up-selling and cross-selling opportunities;
• Work with technical staff and internal colleagues to meet customer needs;
• Arrange and participate in internal and external client communications during the sales process.
Undergraduate degree in a life science is REQUIRED: Biology or Immunology are preferred; 1+ industry experience in sales, marketing, management and/or contracts is preferred.