Interactive Screening and Protein Reengineering Interface – ISPRI
EpiVax has developed a secure, interactive work environment that is seamlessly linked to EpiVax’ proprietary in silico immunogenicity screening toolkit via Internet. This interactive biologics screening and optimizing work environment gives your team access to the same in silico tools used by the EpiVax bioinformatics team. ISPRI can be used for high throughput unlimited screening of partial and complete sequences of biological (protein therapeutic) candidates. The toolkit can be used to identify within each protein sequence potentially immunogenic regions (known as epitope clusters) and to fine map those individual amino acids which contribute most to the immunogenic potential of the cluster. The output is customized to best fit the needs and preferences of your biologics team.
Researchers at your company will be qualified to use this secure interactive work environment to:
- Screen the protein sequences of product candidates for the presence of putative T-cell epitopes (EpiMatrix), rate the immunogenic potential of each submitted sequence on a normalized scale (Immunogenicity Protein Scale) and compare each protein to other immunogenic proteins and antibodies;
- Identify T-cell epitope clusters (ClustiMer) contained within product candidates;
- Evaluate the immunogenic potential of each T-cell epitope cluster (Cluster Report), rate the immunogenic potential of each T-cell epitope cluster on a normalized scale (Immunogenicity Cluster Scale), and compare each T-cell epitope cluster to other well-known immunogenic epitope clusters;
- For antibodies identify within each submitted sequence putative regulatory T-cell epitopes (i.e. sub-regions contained within the submitted sequences which may relate to natural regulatory T cells and which may help to dampen the immune potential of the submitted antibody sequence);
- Blast T-cell epitope clusters against the IEDB database of known HLA ligands and epitopes;
- Blast T-cell epitope clusters against the non-redundant protein or patent database at GenBank;
- OptiMatrix, the protein re-design algorithm, is also available. This tool provides a list of critical amino acid residues and potential amino acid substitutions that are conserved in existing databases (based on published sequences) and that do not introduce new epitopes.
The integration of the ISPRI system into your company’s biologics discovery process and product development phases is a powerful proposition that will save your company time, money, and precious resources that will accelerate products toward clinical testing and the market. Applying the EpiMatrix toolkit of unique technologies to develop and validate new product candidates will increase the number of viable leads available for development, further enhancing the quality and value of your company’s product pipeline.
ISPRI is a very comprehensive service, its available 24/7 with significant support and is only available for year-to-year lease. Eight of the ten largest biopharma companies worldwide currently use ISPRI.
Are you a small/mid-sized company with a small set of candidates? You might be more interested in our PreDeFT Reports.
Interested in more information regarding ISPRI? Would you like a live demo?